The Lassoed by Marriage Romance Collection: 9 Historical Romances Begin after Saying “I Do”
1. The Substitute Bride by Angela Bell
2. Bridal Whispers by Angie Breudenbach
3. Mule Dazed by Lisa Carter
4. The Sweetwater Bride by Mary Connealy
5. A Highbrow Hoodwink by Rebecca Jepson
6. Not So Pretty Penny by Amy Lilliard
7. All’s Fair by Gina Wellborn
8. The Colorado Coincidence by Kathleen Y’Baro
9. Railroaded into Love by Rose Ross Zediker
Come along on a romantic journey jam-packed with all the angst of marriages founded upon practical choices as well as coercion. Meet nine couples who barely know each other before they find themselves suddenly married—to please family, to stem the tide of gossip, to save the land—and joined for life. But can love grow when duty comes before romance?
A collection of sweet novellas. The common thread of marriages of convenience made the stories charming and each author had entertaining dialogue.
I did find that I had a few favorites out of the nine stories.
The Sweetwater Bride by Mary Connealy was one of the best stories in the collection. It was slightly humorous, but kind of sad at the same time.
A Pretty Penny by Amy Lilliard was very good and unique as I’d never read anything like that before. A young lady purchasing a husband? A convict at that?
The Colorado Connection was another one in the collection that I enjoyed reading.
Overall, the book was quite good and even though the stories were short, the authors each gave the reader a complete story.
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest opinion which I have given.